Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pork Chop and Butternut Squash Stew




Here is a modified version of Sarah Fragoso's recipe from Everyday Paleo.  I didn't have all the ingredients, so here's what I did. (And don't mind the old school slow cooker! It was my mom's but never got used until I became a grown up and started cooking for myself!)


Ingredients:

1 med butternut squash peeled, seeded, and 1" cubed
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped (I only had baby carrots - those worked!)
6 stalks of celery, chopped
6 small red, yellow, and/or orange sweet peppers, chopped
2 hawaiian chili peppers (slit and put in whole)
3 cloves garlic, diced (or 1Tbsp from the bottle)

1/4 C coconut milk
1 C chicken broth/stock

2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice



A vegetable peeler works really well!





Toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Add the seasonings. Pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Mix well!!  Cook for 5 hours on high, or 7 hours on low.

After 5 hours on high.
The result was delish. I got the thumbs up from both of the kids and the hubby so this one is a keeper! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! We don't have a slow cooker, but this totally makes me wanna go out and buy one now! Love any kinds of squash/gourds nowadays!

    ReplyDelete