Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Keeping it Simple


Cooking a good dinner can be tough after a long day at work for anyone, let alone for a mom of three.  I usually resort to something quick like leftovers.  But what do you do if you at the last of it yesterday and it's 5:30? Sometimes I like to have breakfast for dinner: omelets, bacon and/or sausages. In the past I've been tempted to warm up chicken nuggets, have a bowl of cereal, eat some chips and chicken or make a quick peanut butter or grilled cheese sandwich.

However, tonight, I knew I had to at least try to get a healthful meal together. 
I checked out the fridge and managed to gather some things together and I realized that maybe keeping it simple was the key.  I found a handful of mushrooms, some diced onion and a bunch of spinach staring at me in the fridge. I also found some breast meat left on our rotisserie chicken from Costco.  After sauteing the onions in some olive oil, and then the mushrooms, I wilted the spinach.  If I wasn't still nursing, I'd have probably added some garlic to it.





Warmed up the chicken, sliced it, and plated up dinner.  The result?

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment