Friday, January 14, 2011

30-Day Paleo Challenge

It's been a couple of weeks since I began my 30 day Paleo challenge. I was weary of posting my meals, exercise, and emotions because, like the challenge, I wasn't quite sure it would last. Now having completed 10 days, I feel as if my accomplishments were deserving of publication.

It took a lot of balancing, both in life and on the plate. I did some research: read some books, listened to podcasts, and checked out an insane amount of sites available on the internet. I managed to stay on track for the past week and a half.

This challenge is rightfully named for many reasons. There's the challenge of choice. No longer are those chocolate-chip cookies allowed on my plate. Neither are the slices of bread that hold my grilled cheese sandwich together. Nightly bowls of cereal are a thing of the past. Rewiring our way of eating is not an easy feat. Nor is it a cheap one. Good quality foods are worth their price, but as prices increase, they add up fast. Fueling me to push on in this challenge is the commonly coined and almost cliche-ically muttered: You are what you eat.

Not to forget, family events are almost synonymous with eating, here in Hawaii. The rich delicacies of cultures brought together in one melting pot of a table are nearly impossible to resist. Each dish hiding its own secret recipe could be disastrous for the 30 day challenger. And of course there's Grandma, who will be absolutely devastated if you do not try a piece of her famous dish, loaded with no-nos. 

So as I continue through to the next leg of my journey, I invite you to come along and share these moments with me. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment